Sunday, July 13, 2014

Bridger - 2 Weeks Old









Midnight moonlight shining through the curtain lace
Paints a perfect picture on your perfect face
One sweet angel sleeping in my arms
You are the promise I knew God would keep
You are the gift that makes my world complete 
And you'll never know how much I love you 
But I'll keep telling you my whole life through 
Now I believe in miracles and you're the reason why 
So dream on while I sing you my angels lullaby. 

- Reba 


Bridger Baby,
Today you are 2 weeks old.
You are sleeping on my chest as I type this letter to you. 
You have grown so much in this last week! You are now over 8lbs and are over 21 inches long! You still fit perfectly on my chest, but I know it won't be long before you are just too big.
I've been reading about sleep training and sleep schedules and all I want to do is hold you and snuggle you regardless of what all the experts say.
You have been sleeping very well in the day and have been hungry at night - hence the growing you have done :) 
This week you have grown more accustomed to your diaper changes and even went one WHOLE day with tear free diaper changes!  Such a brave little man you are! 
You are now fitting in size 1 diapers which means as soon as daddy fixes the water heater you can start wearing your cloth diapers! Which I am very excited for as you had your first diaper rash yesterday :( it's gone today.  You definitely got your mommas sensitive skin .
Your eyes are turning more blue and we still aren't sure if your hair is more blonde or if it has red in it.
You still love talking to your daddy about his day.  He tells you all about the horses and the cows - I bet you dream little cowboy dreams.  
You enjoy napping on your momma and your most favorite time of the day is mealtime - breakfast, lunch, supper, midnight snack - you love food :) 
This week you met your Noni and Papa and your auntie Amanda.  They all are so in love with you.
You took your first road trip up over galena and you saw the salmon run.  You also saw the fish hatchery, had smiley creek ice cream and saw a couple of moose. 
You have met 5 of your 7 dogs - May and Poncho seem to love you the very most.  Although Picasso will protect you till the end.  Your dad can't wait till you can play with your dog pack. 
You don't like your car seat very much but we will change that over time. You also went on your first stroller ride which you loved.  It's been hot so momma has been staying inside a lot, but now that she is on the mend you will be taking longer walks and seeing more of the picabo hills and wildlife. 
You are a happy baby - you only cry if you have a dirty diaper, if you're hungry or if you have a burp (dad always gets those out for you). 
You are so wonderful - I cry everyday looking at your perfect face. You are so handsome and you are just the little love of our lives. 
You're daddy and I are still amazed at every little smile, every cry, every toe, every eyelash - we are so blessed. 
I apologize now for smothering you with love and kisses - your dad and I just can't get enough! 
I love you so much Bridger boy. 
- Momma 

1 comment:

  1. He is simply stunning. My daughter is 15 months old today and I still have those same feelings of awe when I look at her. I don't think you ever outgrow it. They are such blessings. Glad to hear your mending well.

    ReplyDelete