Monday, January 20, 2014

We're Pregnant!!!

So yes, i know this is late... as im now 16 weeks along.
But i kept a journal so that one day (today apparently) i could share my pregnancy journey with the blogging world!

So, lets flash back to October, the 27th to be precise.

There i was, lying on my sisters couch in california.  I was 2 days late and i had bought a pregnancy test the night before.  However, i had left it in my sisters room with my suitcase and other belongings.  I really and i mean REALLY had to pee, but i didnt want to wake her up.  Thank goodness my little nephew did that for me :).  He was talking just enough that she could hear him, so she got up and went to see what was up.  I asked if i could grab the test, then ran to the potty, did the pee-pee dance as i was struggling to get the dang child proof wrapped stick open, and finally gave it a good 5 steady seconds of stream.
Then, because watching the stick for 2 minutes is torture, i left it on the tub and went to look at myself in the mirror, because that seemed like a better thing to stare at then my pee stick.  2 minutes (+30 seconds more just for good measure) had passed and i went to look at it and saw.....


A BFP!!!!! (Big Fat Positive for all you non-TTC [trying to conceivers])
Matt and i did it!!! On our first round of the wonder drug Clomid!
We made a baby!!!  With the grace of God, we were pregnant!!!!!

I could not believe it.
So right then and there, on the toilet rug, i knelt down and said a prayer.
I thanked Him for this amazing blessing, and asked that he keep the little baby healthy and inside of me for as long as it needed to be.

So i went back to the living room, grabbed my phone, and called matt.
No, i didnt tell him we were pregnant over the phone... but calling him just seemed like the right thing to do!   Just hearing his voice was so exciting.  We talked about his morning and my night and then said our goodbyes.

Britt came out a little later on and she had heard me sniffling on the couch as i was talking to matt.  Sniffling from crying yes, but crying tears of JOY!
So, with her only knowing of my tears, she prepared herself for cheering me up... but then, i showed her the stick and she couldnt believe it!
It was pretty much a true California Girl moment filled with "Shut Up!?!?!" and "No Way?!?!" and "Oh my Gosh!!!" 

It was very exciting being able to say it out loud for the first time! 
Im Pregnant!

A few hours later i took my first "pregnancy picture" = fabulous idea from my brother in law Heath!
Somehow i had totally skipped over that idea... leave it to the man who has 8 kids to remember something that important :)

little baby is 4 weeks along here :)

But what i couldnt wait for was telling Matt!
My wonderful husband, my best friend in the entire world, was going to be a daddy!
He had wanted this even before i did.
Back when i had my last surgery, and the doc said it was time to start trying, i was nervous and didnt know if i was ready for that yet.  Not Matt, he was ready.  And now the time had come!
I had all these elaborate plans in my mind (courtesy of pinterest) of how i would tell him when i found out.  But i was never planning on being 16 hours away from him when i found out!

So, i had to improvise - i took my sis with me to go onesie shopping.
We made a quick stop to see my dad and i told him the good news.
More tears of joy!  He is excited to have another grandbaby.
Then we left, and went to....
BabiesRUs, here we come!

I found an adorable little tan onesie for little baby ingram that read "Daddys Little Star".
It was perfect for the little baby.
Then i found a bedtime board book entitled "On the Night You Were Born"
I read the first page, then tried to read it aloud to brittney, but i couldnt get the words out audibly through all my tears!
"On the night you were born, 
the moon smiled with such wonder
that the stars peeked in to see you
and the night wind whispered, 
'Life will never be the same.'
Because there had never been anyone like you...
ever in the world"
It was perfect for the little baby.  
Then i found a "Congratulations Daddy" card to go along with the book and the onesie.
It was perfect for the little baby.  
They were all perfect for the little perfect baby.

I put it all in a gift bag and counted down the minutes to when i would see matt at the airport.
I got off the plane, had a much needed toilet break where i decided to pee on the 2nd stick in the box just to make sure it was still a plus sign (thank you Jesus, it was), and headed out past security to the passenger arrival area.  As always, he was the most handsome man waiting in the boise airport.  
We hugged and then i led him back over to the waiting area chairs and gave him my gift bag.
He reached in and grabbed the card, pulled the card just enough out of the envelope that he could read the "Congratulations Daddy" part, and then looked at me in awe.  
Those two little words were enough to make us both cry, and hold each other, and then cry some more.  
Matt was so excited - that night, we both wore the largest smiles anyone has ever had.
So, naturally, we wanted to celebrate!
We went to Carls Jr! 
(they dont have these in most parts of Idaho... the closest one to our house is 2.5 hours away, so it was a great choice of celebratory meals!)
And it was delicious!

That night Matt called the baby his "little buddy" and has called the baby that ever since then.


In the next few days, i called Grandma Lisa and she was so excited, i made her cry at work.
Then i called Auntie Amanda and i made her cry too.
And she was very adamant that i take very good care of myself (love that she cares so much for me) :)
Then i called Grandpa Dan and had to leave a message but he called me back and i was able to tell him too.  He was very happy - he is a man of few words but you could hear the smile in his voice.
Then i called Great Grandma Nina, and she was so excited too.  She also gave me a stern talking to about how i was to rest and not ride horses and not run around with the cows like i normally do.  She sure does love me and i am one lucky lady!  Im so so glad that little baby ingram will get to meet her.  She is incredible.
I called be bff from childhood Des and she was over the moon, she was literally squealing into the phone.  And im pretty sure i could hear her jump up and down.  She is also pregnant, so we are bffs pregnant together... so fun!
I called Grandmomma Valerie and Auntie Chelle too... and they both started crying and were just so happy for us. 

A few days later i finished up my baby registry at Target (that i will admit to starting about 4 months before we started clomid - it was fun to dream) and also started pinning baby stuff like crazy to my secret baby pinterest board.

I had my first craving right around halloween - SALAMI!
Pretty odd for me, i mean i love it and all, but while i was at work i would have bet money that someone walked into the office with salami in their pocket - thats how bad i wanted it... so much so that i could smell it.  As soon as i got off work, i ran to the highly overpriced touristy market and bought salami.  I didnt even wait until i got home before indulging in a piece or two or five.
Needless to say, my husband was more than happy to indulge himself.
You can tell the baby is half Matt - it was loving the salami too.

The next few weeks i had sore boobies (that also grew to size 34B... whoo whoot!), crazy headaches, a nauseous tummy, and lovely acne - all courtesy of increased hormones.

We took my 1 month picture on Halloween. 


I wanted to incorporate daddy into these photos too, so he will be holding the "baby" each picture.

And, to be completely honest, this "orange seed" is actually a green bean seed - all the oranges i had at home were seedless... go figure. 

We of course talked about names, and we like...
Boy: Bodie O'Dell or Bridger Daniel
Girl: Ruby Angelina or Sonora Jo

I had more cravings for fried food, sweet and sour chicken, nina's quesidillas, des's burritos, french fries... pretty much anything cooked in oil, and a LOT of it!
Matt even told me "Um, you know thats bad for you right?!"
I cant help it!!!
The BABY wants it!  The BABY needs it! :)
Ok so i can help it, and i know its bad for me....
But i have a few pounds to spare, so i can indulge in the unhealthy stuff now while I'm trying not to barf at the sound of food.  
Im sure ill thank Matt later when i dont have 80lbs of post baby weight to lose!

OH! and weirdest pregnancy side effect in those early weeks - extra saliva - man i was drooling all over the place... excellent.

My fried food craving soon turned into a carb crazy craving - mac and cheese, ramen noodles, any pasta, and any bread.
I never threw up, but man, any food that wasnt listed above was totally gross...especially salad.
Im still having issues with salad.... im working on it tho.

Grossest side effect of pregnancy in the early weeks??? 
Farts - holy moly, i thought my husbands gas was killer...
apparently i had never been around a pregnant lady! 
I cant even believe that my flatulence is now in the same category as my husbands!
WHAT is WRONG with me?!?
I definitely feel bad for anyone who sat behind me in church, stood behind me in the checkout line, you get the picture....
thank goodness those have passed....

Now, onto the joys of second trimester pregnancy!





3 comments:

  1. I came across your clomid post when searching for answers because I was struggling with what to do as a Christian. I really hate taking "meds" for anything. I had prayed about this for a year now. When finally realizing I'm not getting any younger at my last yearly the dr said "I think it's time we look in to your struggles"
    I fought with my self for days trying to figure out what I should do. Held my appointment card in my hand thought about backing out. Fear!
    I guess the help of my pastors Christmas eve service has stuck with me. "Do not be afraid " said the angel to the wise men. I swear I can hear my pastor saying that to me every time fear starts to envelope me.
    So today is the day I go to the dr. I'm so glad I shuffled around your posts (noticed the baby in most recent posts) I kept looking to find how long you took clomid, did you have to do anything else. I know everyone is different.
    It just made it easier seeing your success. I have read so many of the opposite.
    Congrats. Thank you for helping me with a little peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across your clomid post when searching for answers because I was struggling with what to do as a Christian. I really hate taking "meds" for anything. I had prayed about this for a year now. When finally realizing I'm not getting any younger at my last yearly the dr said "I think it's time we look in to your struggles"
    I fought with my self for days trying to figure out what I should do. Held my appointment card in my hand thought about backing out. Fear!
    I guess the help of my pastors Christmas eve service has stuck with me. "Do not be afraid " said the angel to the wise men. I swear I can hear my pastor saying that to me every time fear starts to envelope me.
    So today is the day I go to the dr. I'm so glad I shuffled around your posts (noticed the baby in most recent posts) I kept looking to find how long you took clomid, did you have to do anything else. I know everyone is different.
    It just made it easier seeing your success. I have read so many of the opposite.
    Congrats. Thank you for helping me with a little peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete