Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mothers Day Love

Mother's Day - a day to celebrate mothers, grandmothers, sisters, and all the wonderful women in our lives.  

So, today, a simple post about the women in my life. 

My momma, Jody.
My mom, rest her sweet soul, was more a friend than a mother.
Never do I remember her disciplining me.
Never do I remember her really even arguing with me.
She was the mom that took us shopping, took us out to lunch, took us to the fair.
She did all the fun things with us.
She definitely taught me how fun motherhood can be.
She taught me that it's ok to mess up - that no one is perfect.
I hope I can be the friend to my baby that my mother was to me.
Miss you momma!

Me and my momma 

Mom and I 

My momma, Lisa.
Lisa adopted me in March of 2011, just one short month after I met her son.
She welcomed me into her home, but more importantly into her heart.
She treats me like I'm one of the family.
She is always there if i need someone to talk to.
She is always there to lend a hand and help, even if she is 1,000 miles away.
She forgives and forgets, truly forgets - something most people cannot do.
She raised a wonderful son and a wonderful daughter.
I'm very proud to be able to call her mom and to give her a grandbaby.

Miss Amanda, me, and Lisa.

Lisa and I.

Matt and Lisa 

Matt and Lisa 

My Nina.
My mom's mom.
She has always been Nina, never grandma, never Jean.
Nina is the most loving person I know.
She is so selfless.
She will always put others before her.
She is a wise woman - her advice is always welcomed.
She has the most wonderful stories.
She has a great sense of humor.
She has filled the shoes that my mother left empty.
 My childhood is filled with lovely memories of her.
I hope to be half the woman that she is.

Nina, Matt and I

Me and Nina 

Matt and Nina 

Papa, me, Britt and Nina 

My sister, Brittney. 
Brittney and I are close in age, only 19 months apart. 
We were best of friends growing up.
I'm pretty sure we were attached at the hip.
I know we must have fought, but I don't remember that... I only remember her always being there, always being by my side.
Now that we are older, life has somewhat separated us.
However - when we are together, it is as if we were never apart.
We giggle together like little girls, We cry together about all of life's bumps.
We might be far apart, and we might not keep in touch the best that we can, but even still we know that we are always there for one another.

Two squirrels....

My sister Brittney and I

Britt and I

Britt and I 

My sister, Amanda.
Like Lisa, Amanda adopted me as part of the family - She always invited and included me as her friend. 
She wears her heart on her sleeve, and is not afraid to tell it like it is - which I respect.
She has a huge heart and is willing to give it all for someone she loves.
She is so fun to be around, always joking and laughing - like her brother. 
I look forward being her sister for many more years to come. 

Amanda and I 

Amanda and Matt 

Me and manda 

Amanda and Lisa 

My surrogate mother, Valerie.
I met Valerie some years ago.
She had that motherly love, and it drew me in.
She was there to listen to me and to help me when I didn't have a mother in my life.
We even talked about my mother, and she said that my mother sounded like a wonderful woman and that she was lucky to have me as a daughter.
Unbeknownst to us both, she actually knew my mother.
It wasn't until she saw a picture of my mother quite some time after we met that she realized she knew my mother - she was actually friends with her.
That was a pretty special moment - fate was totally at hand.
Valerie even reminds me of my mother - a cute, petite little lady full of energy, always dressed to impress, and always wearing a huge smile. 
Our busy lives don't leave a lot of time for lengthy conversations - but they aren't needed.
I know she loves me just as she knows I love her. 
I am blessed that she came into my life. 

The lovely Valerie and I

My grandma, Marcia.
Marcia also invited me into her life with open arms.
She is a very sweet, caring woman.
She is always so excited to see us.
She is genuine.
She loves The Lord.
She is always thoughtful, always thinking of others.
Matt and I are truly blessed to know this great woman.

My grandma, Evie.
Evie is full of life and has a smile that could light up any room.
She is very brave and strong - she raised 5 children by herself. 
She is a person filled with joy, and always helps bring joy to others.
She is a very talented artist and shares this passion with all of her grand kids.
She is truly a marvelous woman.

Grandma Evie, Grandma Marcia and Momma Lisa.


Each of these 8 women have touched my life more than they know.
They help me every day.
They make me feel special and loved.
They show me what motherhood is, what womanhood is.
Each one of them have helped me into the woman I am today, and will continue to shape and mold me into the woman I want to become.
I love them all and I do not know where I would be without them.

Happy Mother's Day - you are so loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment